Monday, October 22, 2012

Making a Mr. Right List

Single ladies this blog is for you! Don't give up just yet, your prince charming is still out there waiting for you. Basically, in today's blog I will be discussing my opinion on the topic "what men and women seek in a mate". According to our books, men tend to seek for a younger partner only because younger woman are more likely to remain fertile. In this case, men can have more children and high status of power by keeping their name going through future generation. That's a typical male. Ain't I right ladies, let me hear an Amen! 

As for woman, we tend to seek and prefer a partner who will be a good provider.   Men, listen to this because plenty of men get this wrong, we want good providers. We are not gold diggers or just want a rich man for his money. The book does a good job in explaining, why woman seek a good provider because during child birth a woman needs someone to take care of her while the woman takes care of the baby. I do not see anything wrong in this concept. I just see justice because going through birth looks like going through hell to me. 

Nowadays, there are plenty of single people out there and it is becoming hard to meet to people. I am assuming that is why we have a plenty of online dating and now many relationships begin through online dating. In my opinion, single people have to rely on online dating because what they seek in a partner is too demanding or they are describing themselves. I do not believe in Mr. Perfect, but I believe there is a Mr. Right. In the video I posted a relationship expert, Janie Lacy explains how to go about finding your Mr. Right. I thought is was interesting because she states that many people will make a list and she will come to find that people tend to put desires that are extreme as sometimes impossible. The most interesting criteria I thought she said was to list things that would be nice to have in a partner but they would be deal breakers or keep all your options open and do not be picky. 

Currently, I am new to the dating and at the moment unavailable. Did I use the Mr. Right list? No, but I did in some sense evaluate my partner before I decided to more forward. When I came across the Mr. Right list I thought this was a good way for those singles, who are still keeping their look out for that special someone, to approach the dating world. 

My Mr. Right List
  • Tall
  • Preferably Stocky/athletic
  • prefers outdoor activities (Golf is a must)
  • must have a good sense of humor ( I enjoy laughter)
  • Goal oriented and Well Rounded
  • Family Man
  • Most importantly, must be a Dog Lover!
What is your Mr. Right List or Mrs Right List? Leave some comments, love to know what you all expect in a partner. Thanks.





2 comments:

  1. well i might add that many men are single because many women are too demanding and ask for too much and are not willing to give anything in return. (not in a bad way or looking for one thing)i mean they always want something and not wanting to give anything in return, also women in the present don't give the poor guys...as in the movie "Hitch" a chance to see what they have to offer. they are only thinking in good looks and if they look good with them and not what can that person can provide. they claim (not all but most)that they are looking for a family man a hard worker but in reality they are out for the $$$$. like i said not all but many! i was fortune that my wife was one of those who dosen't look for good looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it is true, but I've noticed that peoples standards are rising up every year because of the economy. Most of the time men are searching for the stereotypical petite woman with fair skin, naturally beautiful...basically 85% of the time is about appearance. Yes, we girls do the same thing, but we don't put all of our attention on appearance. Let's take me for example, all the guy needs to do is throw me a smile, this shows me how much he uses it and a high probability of having a good sense of humor. That's it. I've come to realize that we shouldn't be searching for Mr. Right for as long as we can, all you need is time and patience.

    ReplyDelete